22 Oct Google My Business for Hotels
Register your hotel today for Google My Business.
I want to highly recommend to register your hotel on Google to make sure that your hotel is shown correctly in Google Search(the search engine everybody uses) and Google Maps(looking and booking for hotels on Google Maps will increase big time within 1-2- years from now). It is entirely for free.
Benefits of Google My Business:
- Make sure your hotel information is accurate: When potential guests search for your hotel, do the correct address, website and phone number show up?
- You can manage your own content. For example when you want to edit your opening hours or when you want to add another location to the listing.
- Show what is so unique about your hotel: Add photos, add a description of what makes your hotel so unique and reply to reviews.
Please do not underestimate the benefits of Google My Business. Especially the part of managing the content, making sure the guests know how to contact you, being able to reply to Google reviews and making sure your hotel website is shown in the search results is key in the battle for more direct bookings.
This is extremely important for your hotel to benefit from the billboard effect (advertising on OTA’s potentially leading to more website visitors and direct bookers). Below you can find a perfect example of how The Hoxton Amsterdam is managing their Google My Business account. You can see their review score and how many reviews they have received. The address and phone number is correctly shown. The link to their website works correctly. And even more importantly, they advertise their hotel rates in Google Hotel Ads with an even lower rate than the OTA. This will mostly likely drive their direct bookings!
You can also see the hotel facilities provided. I personally like The Hoxton and I live close by. So I go there every once and a while for a drink in their bar and I have left a positive review as you can see. Please make use of this free marketing tool provided by Google and benefit the most from the billboard effect by registering today for Google My Business!
How to register for Google My Business in 3 steps:
- Indicate which hotel you manage
- Verify that you are indeed the owner
- Double check your details
For further explanation, please see the video or link below:
Read more about it on the website of Google My Business right here.